WHAT IS PREVENTION?
- Saving Lives
It's work that often goes unrecognized, that doesn't make the headlines, that takes time... It's work that makes a difference.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
- Alcohol kills 6.5 times more youth than other illicit drugs combines.
- Marijuana is by far the most widely used illegal drug among teens.
- Each day more than 3,000 kids begin smoking. Teens who smoke are 3 times more likely to use alcohol, 8 times more likely to use marijuana and 22 times more likely to use cocaine.
- The use of "CLUB DRUGS", particularly ecstasy, has increased over 71% among teens in the last year.
- Even one hit of cocaine or crack can be fatal. Even first-time users may experience seizure or heart attacks.
- Tobacco, alcohol and marijuana are gateway drugs that often lead to other forms of drug addiction.
- More than 10,000 12-to-13 year olds binge drink every month.
- Kids today report that getting alcohol, tobacco and most illicit drugs is very easy. Just ask them.
Wayne is too smart to do Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco!