Passaic County New Jersey

Search
Close this search box.

Category: Museum

Category: Museum

History of Wayne

Wayne Museum Website The recorded history of Wayne Township began in 1947 during the centennial celebration of its organization, which occurred at the Casey House on Hamburg Turnpike, April 12, 1847. The centennial organizing committee uncovered so much local factual historical data that the governing body, The Township Committee, appointed the Historical Committee. The Committee functioned until the early 1960’s

Read More »

Terhune Literature Online Catalog

Thanks to funding from the Albert Payson Terhune Foundation, the public now has increased, easier access to the writings of Albert Payson Terhune. Welcome to the online catalog of the Library of Terhune Literature. The non-circulating library is located at the Van Ripper-Hopper House Museum, 533 Berdan Ave. Wayne. It is opened by appointment through 973-694-7192 or e-mail. Enjoy on-site

Read More »

Terhune Memorial Park

  Terhune Memorial Park – Sunnybank overlooks Pompton Lake at the edge of the Ramapo Valley. It is a 9.6-acre tract of pre-Revolutionary oaks tended to with loving care by Albert Payson Terhune and his wife Anice Stockton Terhune (1874-1964). The “spell” of Sunny bank can be felt underfoot as one walks the grounds of Terhune Memorial Park. Empty of

Read More »

General Anthony Wayne

Anthony Wayne – for whom Wayne Township is named – was born on New Year’s Day, 1745, at Waynesborough, near Paoli, Pennsylvania. As a youngster, Wayne delighted in playing at war and as he grew older he enjoyed such pastimes as horse racing and pistol shooting. When he was of school age he went to his uncle Gabriel’s academy in

Read More »