Parks and Recreation FAQ

What are the hours of operation for the Parks & Recreation Department?
The Wayne Parks & Recreation Office is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. Tuesday hours are 8:30 A.M. – 7:00 P.M. The office is located inside the Municipal Complex at 475 Valley Road.

Do you offer programs for me?
Yes, we offer programs for all ages. Programs change seasonally, so check back frequently!

Are there any FREE events in Wayne?
Yes, there are. The Township hosts several events that are free to attend including the annual Wayne Day Celebration (, Summer Concerts, the Easter Carnival, and the Tree Lighting and Menorah Lighting ceremonies. Information on these events can be found online through the Parks and Rec Documents page.

Do I have to be a resident for Roe Pool Membership?
Pool membership is for Wayne residents only. Non-residents may be invited to the pool as guests of a member. 

Do I have to be a resident for Capt. Kilroy Lake Membership?
Non-residents are allowed to gain admittance to Kilroy Lake. There is a fee for daily admission.  Daily Admission to the lake is by cash only, payable at the lake entrance.

Can I sign up for programs and trips online?
Most programs and trip registrations can be accessed online. You must have a User Name and Password to access the online registration portal.

What form of payment can I use for recreation programs and trips?
Most programs and trips can be paid by cash, credit card, or check made payable to Wayne Township.  When paying by credit card, the Township only accepts Visa or Mastercard.

How can I obtain a permit to use a Township athletic field?
Field permit requests must be submitted to the Parks & Recreation Department. To request a field, you may download, complete, and email the Field Permit Form to Kevin McArdle, Recreation Program Supervisor. For information about fields and availability please call the Parks & Recreation Department at 973-694-1800 x 3283.
In most cases, a Certificate of Insurance is required. Field permit fees are based on various categories, including the following: Resident/Non-Resident/Houses of Worship/Non-Profit. Also, a field with or without lights, and grass field/turf field.  

How can I obtain a permit to use a Board of Education field?
All inquiries for a permit to use a Board of Education field can be handled at the Board Office calling 973-317-2183.

I have a question about cutting down trees on my property, where can I find the information?

I’d like to have the Town Trees in front of my house trimmed/removed, how do I do this?
Private landscapers and homeowners are not allowed to trim or remove Township street trees.  For street tree services please call 973-694-1800 x 3258 to have the Township’s tree crew perform work on your street tree.

How do I access the Township Senior Bus?
Township buses run a regular weekday route. Senior Bus schedules can be obtained at the Parks & Recreation Office or found on the Parks Documents page.

Town Hall

475 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
Weekdays 8:30am-4:30pm
Tuesdays open until 7:00 pm
Sat & Sun: Closed
Closed on State Holidays

Wayne DPW Complex

201 Dey Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
Weekdays 7:00am-3:30pm
Sat & Sun: Closed
Closed on State Holidays