The Township of Wayne shares notices about township government and its activities via social media to reach a broader audience and so interested citizens can also share Township information. We encourage you to submit your comments, questions or concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
The Township of Wayne's obligations with social media require us to enforce the providers’ policies with regard to posted comments. The guidelines below are, in part, Wayne's effort to comply with those obligations.
Basically, be courteous, respectful and relevant. Remember that your comments may be read by persons of any age, and are subject to open public records laws.
For those who like more detail, we’ve established the following guidelines. If a post is in violation of the policy, it will be removed.
Once posted, the Township of Wayne reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
- vulgar language;
- personal attacks of any kind;
- offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial or religious group.
- are spam or include links to other sites;
- are clearly off topic;
- include identical or repeated comments;
- contain sexual content or links to sexual content;
- advocate illegal activity;
- promote particular services, products, or political candidates or organizations;
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- have the potential to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- are made by persons identifiably under the age of 13;
- contain personally identifiable medical information; or
- contain personally identifiable information (PII) such as email addresses, social security numbers, phone numbers or any other information for which a person has a reasonable expectation of privacy.
Users who violate this policy may be banned from future commenting or blocked from the social media site where the violation occurred.
Please note that the comments expressed on any Township of Wayne social media site do not reflect the opinions and position of the Township of Wayne government or its officers or staff.
We recognize that the internet and social media are available 24/7. Comments are welcome at any time. However, due to the need to manage resources, questions and comments will be responded to during normal business hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
If you have any questions concerning the Social Media Commenting Policy, please use our Feedback Form which can be found at WayneTownship.com.